Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Participatory Sports

While bowling tonight, I came to a couple of realizations.
  • Bowling was really popular years ago.
  • Bowling is still really popular, with people of all ages.
  • I'm not very good at bowling.
Bowling was certainly very popular back in the day, but today, it still outpaces participatory sports like bicycling, football, soccer, and even - get this - archery. Swimming, walking, and golf did edge out bowling, but it's still noteworthy for the 21st century. Read it for yourself here. Canadian, I know, but we're still human beings.

So while this sport is oh-so-popular, I seem to be horrible at the sport and feeling fine about it. I'm into downhill skiing and chewing gum. Not throwing a heavy round thing with holes at pins in an alley. To compound it, I knew at least 30 people at the bowling alley and was able to share in my lackluster performance with all of them.

Tomorrow I leave for a week of skiing where I can feel good about my athletic abilities and will be making another DVD to remember.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger RahX said...

I too suck at bowling. But its just one of those games you can go out and have fun doing, regardless of weather you are any good or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home